Frank Donaldson is the founder and president of the Institute for School and Parish Development (ISPD), a national development firm created to serve Catholic schools, parishes, and (arch) dioceses in the areas of strategic planning, stewardship, people engagement, and financial resource development. ISPD is headquartered in the Greater New Orleans, Louisiana area. The company focuses on three areas of service:
- Consulting services
- Coaching services
- Educational services
In 1989, after 20 years of serving as an English/Journalism teacher, an administrator, and a development director, Frank left the classroom, the office, and the role of serving as a high school development officer and started ISPD.
Frank is the author of the following publications:
- Catholic School Publications: Unifying the Image (available through NCEA—National Catholic Education Association)
- 25 Lessons Learned in 25+ Years in Catholic School Development – Textbook (available through NCEA and Amazon)
- 25 Lessons Learned in 25+ Years in Catholic School Development – Workbook (available through NCEA and Amazon)
- Total Parish Development: Understanding, Organizing and Implementing Your Plan for an Engaged Catholic Community – Textbook and Workbook (available through 23rd Publications and Amazon)
- 15 More Lessons Learned in 30+ Years in Catholic School Development – available through NCEA in the spring of 2020
A new publication is due out in the late spring 2021: Successful Catholic School Development in a Virtual, In-Person, and Hybrid World.
Frank is also the author of Development Directions, a monthly Catholic development newsletter with nationwide circulation to over 15,000 Catholic leaders. He is a frequent presenter at national conferences and conventions, including the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) and the International Catholic Stewardship Conference (ICSC).
As president of ISPD, Frank also works in partnership with The University of Dayton (UD) teaching on-line courses in Catholic School and Parish Development, Stewardship, and Marketing. All courses award Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) with a Certification of Completion from UD and ISPD. His publications serve as the textbooks and workbooks for the classes.
Frank has spoken, written, and consulted extensively throughout the country, and his firm continues to work with hundreds of Catholic institutions, thereby providing a national perspective. Since 1989, ISPD has facilitated hundreds of long-range planning processes, established numerous development/advancement offices, trained hundreds of Catholic leaders and raised millions of dollars for Catholic institutions. All of this has been done using ISPD’s major theme for organizational success: Create and build your Culture of Belonging.
Frank is a graduate of the University of Louisiana, Lafayette (ULL) and holds a bachelor’s degree in English and master’s degrees in English and education. He received his teaching certification from Loyola University of New Orleans, LA.